More shots from Panormitis
[Credits: Marcelle Abela, director / Monks of the Holy Monastery of Panormitis].
BTS shots taken while filming in the tiny hamlet of Panormitis
Some rough BTS stills showing the:
- colorful houses that can be found on Symi Island, Greece (total inhabitants c. 2500);
- hidden, enclosed hamlet and Holy Monastery of Panormitis at the southernmost part of Symi. Panormitis has one street, one church, one restaurant, one cafe, and one grocery store; all of which close down in winter except for the church. But the peace and joy that exist in Panormitis make this place a veritable haven. The Monastery has guest rooms for those who arrive;
- wonder-working silver icon of Taxiarchis Michail in the Katholikon of the Monastery;
- bottles / boats with messages sent to the Archangel from all over the world, which arrive in the sea of their own volition, no matter their origin;
- pilgrims visiting to thank the Archangel and gift him a broom, or coming to beg for his assistance.
[Credits: Mariella Delia, producer / Monks of the Holy Monastery of Panormitis].