BTS shots taken while filming in the tiny hamlet of Panormitis
Some rough BTS stills showing the:
- colorful houses that can be found on Symi Island, Greece (total inhabitants c. 2500);
- hidden, enclosed hamlet and Holy Monastery of Panormitis at the southernmost part of Symi. Panormitis has one street, one church, one restaurant, one cafe, and one grocery store; all of which close down in winter except for the church. But the peace and joy that exist in Panormitis make this place a veritable haven. The Monastery has guest rooms for those who arrive;
- wonder-working silver icon of Taxiarchis Michail in the Katholikon of the Monastery;
- bottles / boats with messages sent to the Archangel from all over the world, which arrive in the sea of their own volition, no matter their origin;
- pilgrims visiting to thank the Archangel and gift him a broom, or coming to beg for his assistance.
[Credits: Mariella Delia, producer / Monks of the Holy Monastery of Panormitis].
Production on the documentary film ‘Mikha’El’ has commenced. BTS posts will appear here as we shoot the film, then enter into post-production
Already, the excitement among my crew is becoming contagious and we have just started. Today was an intense day of getting all the equipment ready:
“Where is that machine oil for the Roxant? Those weights, are they balanced yet?” (“Errm, we’re doing them right now”).
“I need an adapter!” (“Here’s your darned adapter!”).
“Are we going to have dailies?” (Yes).
“Hey, is that Sennheiser working?” (Minus the colorful adjectives).
The day has still not ended – and it is the next day.
We start rolling next week. Continue reading “Rolling”
First historically accurate docudrama in English, Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew, and Latin about the Archangel Michael in cinema history
Full details about cast, crew, and filming locations will be released after production has been wrapped up. Production details can be found at IMDb [Artwork: Antonia Harris of Z-Group Studio].
Current bibliography of the film:
- Dictionnaire infernal (de Plancy, J. A. S. C.; 1863);
- Encomium on Saint Michael the Archangel (Saint Theodosius I of Alexandria, 497);
- Genesis 2:4-3:24: Two generations in one day (Byers, Rev. G. D.; 2007);
- History and miracles of Panormitis (Petropoulos, G. V.; 2012);
- Il culto di San Michele in Castel S. Angelo: Note sulla Mole Adriana nei medioevo (Angeli, F. B.; 2017);
- In laudem sancti Michaelis: The Irish and Coptic analogues and the Anglo-Saxon context (Perron, R.; 2005).
- La montagna dell’Arcangelo: Origine e diffusione del culto di San Michele e guida storica-artistica di Monte Sant’Angelo (Giubelli, A.; 1999);
- Liber de apparitione sancti Michaelis in Monte Gargano (Anon.; 8th-9th century);
- Michael: Trattazione biblica dommatica storica morale (Rev. Bonaventura da Sorrento, 1893);
- Secrets of a soul: Padre Pio’s letters to his spiritual directors (Pasquale, G., and DiFabio, E. G.; 2003);
- Sharp’s Corresponding Maps: Asia Minor;
- Since the fire: We will rebuild from the ashes (Damianakis, Archon E.; 2014);
- Small Florida church badly damaged by fire; Parish council president cites many miracles (Pappas, G. 2014);
- Summa theologica (Saint Thomas Aquinas, 1265-1274);
- The Midrashim;
- The Septuagint (LXX);
- The Talmud (Babylonian);
- The Torah (Elohist / Jahwist / Priestly sources);
- Catholic / Orthodox tradition.
An Avinu Films production.