Production on the documentary film ‘Mikha’El’ has commenced. BTS posts will appear here as we shoot the film, then enter into post-production
Already, the excitement among my crew is becoming contagious and we have just started. Today was an intense day of getting all the equipment ready:
“Where is that machine oil for the Roxant? Those weights, are they balanced yet?” (“Errm, we’re doing them right now”).
“I need an adapter!” (“Here’s your darned adapter!”).
“Are we going to have dailies?” (Yes).
“Hey, is that Sennheiser working?” (Minus the colorful adjectives).
The day has still not ended – and it is the next day.
We start rolling next week. Continue reading “Rolling”
The first historically accurate docudrama in English, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, and Latin about the Archangel Mikha’El in cinema history
Full details about cast, crew and filming locations will be released after production has been wrapped up. Production information can be found at IMDb [Artwork: Antonia Harris of Z-Group Studio].
Bibliography of the film:
- Angeli, F. B. (2017). Il culto di San Michele in Castel S. Angelo: Note sulla Mole Adriana nel medioevo.
- Anon. (8th-9th cent.). Liber de apparitione sancti Michaelis in Monte Gargano.
- Byers, G. D. (2007). Genesis 2:4 – 3:24: Two generations in one day. (Unpublished dissertation, Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas).
- da Sorrento, B. (1893). Michael: Trattazione biblica dommatica storica morale.
- Damianakis, E. (2014). Since the fire: We will rebuild from the ashes.
- de Plancy, J. A. S. C. (1863). Dictionnaire infernal.
- Greek City Times. (2018). Monastery of Archangel Michael in Panormitis.
- Giubelli, A. (1999). La montagna dell’Arcangelo: Origine e diffusione del culto di San Michele e guida storica-artistica di Monte Sant’Angelo.
- Jewish Encyclopedia. (1901-1906, Unedited ed.).
- Pappas, G. (2014). Small Florida church badly damaged by fire; Parish council president cites many miracles.
- Pasquale, G., and DiFabio, E. G. (2003). Secrets of a soul: Padre Pio’s letters to his spiritual directors.
- Perron, R. (2005). In laudem sancti Michaelis: The Irish and Coptic analogues and the Anglo-Saxon context.
- Petropoulos, G. V. (2012). History and miracles of Panormitis.
- Saint Theodosius I of Alexandria. (497). Encomium on Saint Michael the Archangel.
- Saint Thomas Aquinas. (1265-1274). Summa theologica.
- Sharp’s Corresponding Maps: Asia Minor.
- The Catholic Bible (Douay-Rheims ed.).
- The Midrashim.
- The Septuagint (LXX).
- The Talmud (Babylonian).
- The Torah (Elohist / Jahwist / Priestly sources).
- West, C. (2014). St. Michael the Archangel in late antiquity. (Unpublished thesis, University of Colorado at Boulder).