From the Basilica-Santuario di San Michele Arcangelo, Monte Sant’Angelo, Foggia, Italy
I am the Archangel Michael and I am always in the presence of God. This cave is sacred for me, I have chosen it. I myself am its watchful custodian. There, where the rock opens wide, the sins of men can be forgiven. What is asked here in prayer will be granted – Mikha’El, AD 490.
Some raw stills from the Basilica-Santuario di San Michele Arcangelo at Monte Sant’Angelo (Monte Gargano), Foggia, Italy. The Sanctuary is built above the deep under-sea-level cavern that was consecrated by the Archangel Michael himself in AD 493 during his third appearance there, making this cavern the only church in the world not consecrated by human hands. The footprint of the Archangel is imprinted in the rock at the top of the stairs. The above-ground church, known as the Celestial Basilica, was built from the rocks of the cavern. The statue of Mikha’El is located right above the place where the consecration took place and the Archangel left his footprint. The cavern is a UN World Heritage site and has been visited throughout the century by various Popes and personages, including Saint Francis of Assisi, Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, and Saint Pio of Pietrelcina.
[Credits: Mariella Delia, producer / Padre Micheliti a Monte Sant’Angelo].
First historically accurate docudrama in English, Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew, and Latin about the Archangel Michael in cinema history
Full details about cast, crew, and filming locations will be released after production has been wrapped up. Production details can be found at IMDb [Artwork: Antonia Harris of Z-Group Studio].
Current bibliography of the film:
- Dictionnaire infernal (de Plancy, J. A. S. C.; 1863);
- Encomium on Saint Michael the Archangel (Saint Theodosius I of Alexandria, 497);
- Genesis 2:4-3:24: Two generations in one day (Byers, Rev. G. D.; 2007);
- History and miracles of Panormitis (Petropoulos, G. V.; 2012);
- Il culto di San Michele in Castel S. Angelo: Note sulla Mole Adriana nei medioevo (Angeli, F. B.; 2017);
- In laudem sancti Michaelis: The Irish and Coptic analogues and the Anglo-Saxon context (Perron, R.; 2005).
- La montagna dell’Arcangelo: Origine e diffusione del culto di San Michele e guida storica-artistica di Monte Sant’Angelo (Giubelli, A.; 1999);
- Liber de apparitione sancti Michaelis in Monte Gargano (Anon.; 8th-9th century);
- Michael: Trattazione biblica dommatica storica morale (Rev. Bonaventura da Sorrento, 1893);
- Secrets of a soul: Padre Pio’s letters to his spiritual directors (Pasquale, G., and DiFabio, E. G.; 2003);
- Sharp’s Corresponding Maps: Asia Minor;
- Since the fire: We will rebuild from the ashes (Damianakis, Archon E.; 2014);
- Small Florida church badly damaged by fire; Parish council president cites many miracles (Pappas, G. 2014);
- Summa theologica (Saint Thomas Aquinas, 1265-1274);
- The Midrashim;
- The Septuagint (LXX);
- The Talmud (Babylonian);
- The Torah (Elohist / Jahwist / Priestly sources);
- Catholic / Orthodox tradition.
An Avinu Films production.