More shots from the Holy Monastery of Panormitis
Another young man with physical challenges venerating the wonder-working icon of Archangel Michael.
Hegumon Ierotheos III leaving the Katholikon of the Monastery after Vespers.
The cantors during Vespers on Friday evening.
[Credit: Marcelle Abela].
Some BTS from Saint Michael’s Shrine, Tarpon Springs, Florida
These are some shots taken from the Shrine of Saint Michael on Hope Street in Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA. A terrible fire devastated the shrine in 2014, a ‘sister church’ to that of the Archangel in Panormitis, Symi Island, Greece. Almost everything was lost. One of the few items that survived, however, was precisely a small silver reproduction of the wonder-working icon of Taxiarchis Mikhail Panormitis (upper right in the photo). This reproduction was reported to smell of myrrh when it was found, intact, rather than charred smoke despite everything around it having been burnt to cinders, including other precious icons.
[Credit: Archon Elias Damianakis].
The bells of the Holy Monastery of Panormitis regularly chime out their welcome response to the passenger boats that arrive and which honk their horns to salute Taxiarchis Michail upon entering the tiny harbor.
BTS shots taken while filming in the tiny hamlet of Panormitis
Some BTS stills showing the:
- colorful houses that can be found on Symi Island, Greece (total inhabitants c. 2500);
- hidden, enclosed hamlet and Holy Monastery of Panormitis at the southernmost part of Symi. Panormitis has one street, one church, one restaurant, one cafe, and one grocery store; all of which close down in winter except for the church. But the peace and joy that exist in Panormitis make this place a veritable haven. The Monastery has guest rooms for those who arrive;
- wonder-working silver icon of Taxiarchis Michail in the Katholikon of the Monastery;
- bottles / boats with messages sent to the Archangel from all over the world, which arrive in the sea of their own volition, no matter their origin;
- pilgrims visiting to thank the Archangel and gift him a broom, or coming to beg for his assistance.
[Credit: Mariella Delia, producer].
First historically accurate docudrama in English, Greek, Hebrew, and Latin about the Archangel Michael in the history of cinema
Full details about cast, crew, and filming locations will be released after production has been wrapped up. Pre-production details can be found at IMDb [Production artwork: Antonia Harris of Z-Group Studio].
Some bibliographic sources of the film:
- Dictionnaire infernal;
- Encomium on Saint Michael the Archangel;
- Genesis 2:4-3:24: Two generations in one day;
- History and Miracles of Taxiarchis Panormitis;
- The Talmud (Babylonian);
- The Torah (Elohist / Jahwist / Priestly);
- The Midrashim;
- The Septuagint;
- Secrets of a soul;
- Sharp’s Corresponding Maps: Asia Minor.
- Summa theologica;
- Catholic / Orthodox tradition.
An Avinu Films production.